"The care I have received throughout the hospital was first class"

About: Stafford Hospital / Accident and emergency Stafford Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

4 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon, I went to Stafford Hospital A&E thinking I'd broken my wrist. I was seen within 30 minutes and had an x ray which then confirmed it was broken and displaced. After trying to realign the bones without success, I was told I would be admitted and a possible operation would be done on the Sunday morning. The staff from A&E from reception to nurses to consultant, were brilliant, names fail me but nurse Jamie in A &E never left my side through my ordeal.

I was taken to surgical assessment ward, where again the staff were all amazing and nothing was too much trouble. The care I had in this ward before and after the operation was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't fault it. I also can't fault the care I am still receiving from physio etc. and I am hopeful I will soon be able to use my hand again.

The care I have received throughout the hospital was first class and have no complaints at all. I might add I have been admitted to the hospital many times over the last 20 years or so and I have always received good care. Well done Stafford hospital and thank you for all your loyal care to your patients. I for one am extremely grateful, first class,

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "nanny7"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this lovely feedback which I have shared with the staff concerned. Comments like yours really do make a difference to our staff who are working very hard to ensure all patients receive the care they would wish to receive themselves. I am delighted your wrist is healing well and hope it will not be long before you regain full use.

Kind Regards