"hysterectomy operation: the nursing staff were fantastic"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Gynaecology

I was admitted at the end of January via the surgical admissions suite. I was extremely nervous but from the minute I arrived I was welcomed by fabulous staff who were efficient and friendly.

Everything went very smoothly and I was lucky that I was second on the list. I saw my surgeon beforehand so that I could ask any questions.

After the op, which was a lot longer than I had thought it would be, I was taken to recovery. The nurse who looked after me was wonderful, even giving me a hug when I got very tearful as a poor girl was brought in next to me who had had c section. All that talk about babies really got to me.

I was then moved on to Brockham ward were I got the most fabulous cup of tea I have ever tasted! The nursing staff were fantastic. I was with a super bunch of other ladies on the ward. I was very fortunate that I was able to go home the following afternoon.

I cannot thank the staff enough they were all brilliant!

Response from Maxine May, Communications Officer, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'millie mouse'

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments.

I understand that this must have been a very difficult time for you and I am glad therefore that you felt both reassured and comforted by our nursing team.

We really do appreciate you letting us know what we are doing well and and I will make sure that I pass on your kind comments to our nursing team..

Maxine May

Communications Officer

Response from Bill Kilvington, Assistant Director for Women and Children's, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Millie Mouse

Thank you for your kind comments, it is always good to hear when things go well.

I wanted to just pick up up small part of your comment, relating to the patient having had a caesaren section being near to you in recovery. I quite understand how this can be distressing and I wanted to let you know that we are building a separate recovery room for obstetric patients as part of our £15m theatre refurbishment. This is due to open next spring.

I know that this is a bit late for you experience, but your comment helps reinforce the importance of this small part of the overall project.

I hope you are making a good recovery

Best wishes