"A & E"

About: The Whittington Hospital

I visited A&E after badly damaging my ankle. I was alone in London, feeling vulnerable and in pain. A nurse coming off a ward night shift kindly took me to the A&E department (I fell outside the main entrance of the hospital). I was received well by the A&E reception staff. The Clinical Nurse Specialist was simply wonderful. She was caring, empathic and so, so supportive of my situation and my needs. We had a follow-up conversation by phone to advise that I needed to seek additional treatment locally. Please if possible, can you pass on my very good wishes. Back home in Yorkshire and on the mend!! Thanks again to all your staff. You do a great job!

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind compliments which have been shared with the staff in the emergency department. We are so pleased to know the care you received was supportive to your individual needs. We can appreciate that this is important for our patients, but possibly more so when you are away from your friends and family in Yorkshire. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience.