"Day surgery"

About: George Eliot Hospital

Today I went to the George Eliot for day surgery. After waiting six months for my appointment I turned up before 8am like they asked. I also didn't eat,drink or take my medication followed everything they asked me to do. I then got seen by the surgeon and the anaesthetist and cleared for surgery. They then attached my drips and left me to wait for 5 hours .. After that I then had a nurse come to me to tell me the anaesthetist decided he couldn't do my operation today and they then took my drips out and discharged me. And said we will send you another date.. Not once did anyone say sorry. I traveled 2 hours to get there and fasted for 24 hours for them to just send me home !! It's the first time I've been there and if I can help it I'll never go back .. The nurses and staff are helpful and kind but I feel very let down by this.

Response from George Eliot Hospital

We are very sorry that you did not receive an apology - this should have been the first step when telling you that your operation had to be rescheduled. Please would you contact the PALS team so that we can look into the reason for the late cancellation and provide an explanation? Their telephone number is (024) 7686 5550 Regards Christine Longstaff, Head of Patient Partnership.