About: The Heart Hospital

My mother was admitted at the short stay ward for a catheter ablation at the heart hospital. She wasnt happy with the dinner service she recieved. My mother is a vegetarian, she doesnt eat Eggs, fish or meat. She was then offered a egg sandwich and a ham sandwich to choose from when she got hungry. Despite telling staff numourous times that she was a veg, they kept stating that food would be left aside for her. When she asked for food the came with the sandwiches mentioned above and stated no other food was available after arguing with the head nurse my mother was given a small portion of broccoli and cheese bake with 2 slices of bread and orange juice. I was very dissatisfied with the service my mother recieved, especially as she is a diabetic. If i was not there my mother would have starved as she isnt very good at english. She had no breakfast option. She was given coffee and 2 toasts, the only option she had was to choose either white bread or brown. There was another patient who was given a breakfast menu when she was having her dinner the night before but my mother was not given this option. Apart from the food there were no other issues.

Response from The Heart Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your mother's concerns with the food at the Heart Hospital. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 0845 155 5000 ext 73042 so that we can investigate this matter further.