About: Good Hope Hospital

My 98 yr old Grandmother was left without anything to drink on 3 separate visits to this department - each visit in excess of 5 hrs. She was sent home without adequate care being taken to ensure she was in a fit state to do so and without appropriate treatment. The nursing staff have repeatedly fobbed off concerns raised over her care. She has been left sitting in a pool of fluid after her drip bag became disconnected - despite ringing her alarm for attention. Frankly, I would expect better care for my dog than my aged grandmother has received. The elderly are vulnerable members of society and deserve to be treated with respect. Is the lack of care received due to understaffing or a lack of empathy amongst staff members? To me, this is negligence.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

I am very sorry to hear, the Head Nurse for Good Hope Hospital will look into it of due course. Thank you for posting your comments on Patient Opinion website.

The Head Nurse has asked if you could send me some more information, such as your Grandmother's name. hospital number and postcode. You can either telephone me on 0121 424 0808 or email at Iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery for your Grandmother.

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department