"A horrific experience"

I have no idea if there was same-sex accommodation; there were only female in-patients when I was present. There was no respect for the pateient (and the fact that their actions were as a result of an illness), and I felt little or no support. Moreover, although the ward was not apparently very dirty, I contracted the neuro-virus whilst an inpatient (as did quite a few others), and there was also a lot of vomit or other dirt in the bathrooms. There was a scary amount of violence and/or physical abuse that I witnessed, which created an even worse atmosphere for me and my attempt at recovery.

Response from Communications Team, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust

We are sorry to learn that you have not had a good patient experience at the Trust.

We take all of the comments we receive from our service user, their relatives and carers very seriously and use them to improve the quality of the services that we offer.

We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If you are willing to do this please contact complaints@beh-mht.nhs.uk.