" I was really impressed with their caring, friendly and positive attitudes"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / X-ray and Scans

I attended the N&N yesterday for a CT scan and was pleasantly surprised. All the bad press the NHS has received in the media lately left me expecting a long wait, inefficient staff and a miserable environment. The reality couldn't have been further from the negative picture painted by the media.

I was seen on time, the whole time I felt cared for and supported and although the waiting room was a bit cramped I was only in there a short time.

I particularly wanted to mention the staff because I was really impressed with their caring, friendly and positive attitudes towards both myself but all the other patients I saw whilst I was there. Even just small things like bringing me a choice of biscuits to have with my reviving cup of tea after the procedure or the man I saw who noticed the mattress of one of the elderly patients had lost some air and in a very pleasant way he dealt with it, reflating it for her. Not once did I see a member of staff show anything other than a positive attitude or treat a patient with a lack of respect.

Also the hospital was clean and orderly.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for writing about your visit to NNUH. We are pleased to know that all the staff were caring and friendly and that the environment was clean.