"A waste of time for me and for the hospital department"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

I had an appointment for a liver scan today so rearranged my work commitments etc to go to the hospital. However, when I arrived I was told that as I’d had a scan within the last 6 weeks I did not need one today!

It was a waste of time for me and for the hospital department. I was worried that there may be a reason why they needed another scan so soon after my earlier one – as it turns out I worried unnecessarily.

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Gold275

Thank you for using Patient Opinion to get in touch with us.

I am really sorry that you unnecessarily had to attend for a liver scan today to be told that it was not required. I can fully understand that you would have been worried wondering why you had to return so soon.

I am going to pass your posting onto the Health Care Manager who covers this area and will post again once I recieve a response.

Apologies again for the anxiety this has caused you Gold275 and that you had to rearrange your work schedule to attend.

Kate

Kate Macdonald

Patient Opinion Coordinator

Dear Gold275

I hope you are well and please accept my apologies for the delay in posting again.

As promised I said I would post again, once I had and update for you.

Stewart Cardwell, our Assistant General Manager, would be very happy to discuss any issues with you in confidence so that he can look into this not happening again for you or another patient.

Stewart can be contact on our main number for University Hospital Crosshouse, 01563 521133.

I hope this is helpful Gold275.

Kind reagrds