"Paramedic helping elderly relative"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Neighbour called paramedics-- elderly aunt found in completely distressed state and taken to Royal Bournemouth Hospital. Paramedic phoned me and was kind/sympathetic/ helpful

Dear godilocks

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope your aunt is recovering well.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are providing excellent care and support to our patients families and support networks.

I would like to be able to pass your kind words onto the Paramedic who called you. I order to do this I will need to know the date of the call, and the address the ambulance attended. Could you please contact me, at your convenience, at laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk?

Laura

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Godilocks

I am delighted to hear that the paramedics were so sensitive to you when responding to your Aunt’s needs. I hope that she is doing well and has received the upmost in compassionate and quality care whilst with us. We wish her well in her recovery and that you are also happy with her care as I am sure this was a shock to you.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us and although the paramedics are not based in the Trust we will ensure this is passed on to them via our emergency department. Many thanks again as I am sure the paramedics will be delighted their commitment has been recognised.

Sue Mellor