"No or incorrect communication"

About: Lister Hospital

My wife's appointment in the Endoscopy dept. was for 10 a m, she was finally seen at approx. 12;10 am. During the two hours between appointment and being seen, we were given no information whatsoever as to the delay. After my wife had had the procedure, I was told she would need to rest for an hour before going home. An hour and a half after I was advised she was in the recovery room, I had to go and find a member of staff to find out the situation. As a result of this enquiry I was given information by two members of the same dept., with differing answers. All told we spent the best part of 5 hours in this dept. for a procedure that at best takes two hours. I understand there are delays in hospitals, but to leave patients without any information is, in my opinion, totally unacceptable and irresponsible..

Response from Lister Hospital

We're very sorry that the experience of you and your wife of the Lister's endoscopy service was not good - indeed we agree with your final sentiment and if you have not raised a formal complaint already, we would encourage you to do so. This can be done very easily be emailing generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can get the ball rolling for you.