"I had my hernia repaired at the ..."

About: Rotherham Hospital

I had my hernia repaired at the Day Surgery Centre today (mon 29th sep).

After putting off the treatment for the last 2 years due to my fear of surgery i finally decided to give it a go.

Everyone from the receptionist to the surgeon made me feel at ease.

A special mention must go to the nurses who showed me the ropes and put me straight about a couple of things,if it had'nt been for these wonderful ladies i would have probably bottled the op and run off.

They informed me of the situation every step of the way and nothing was too much trouble for them.

All in all a big THANK YOU to all at the Day Surgery Centre.

I can't think of anything that could be improved.

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Dear Mr Hughes

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website and it is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We are pleased that your surgery went well and have passed your kind comments to staff in the Day Surgery centre. Thank you once again for your post.

Claire McInnes, Patient Advice and Liaison Service Co-ordinator, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust