"My fall on a bad pavement"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

Today I blacked out and fell hard into a pavement. I landed one my left hand then my right knee. I could not move so my mother phoned for an ambulance. I was in an emotional mess as I suffer from anxiety and rarely leave the house.

The first response team arrived fast and looked after me brilliantly. All I remember is a young lady (she had a training badge on her arm) checking my knee and hands and she was very understanding of my anxiety. Thankfully nothing was broken so I managed to hobble home.

Although I feel guilty for them having to help me because of a little fall, I am very great full and would like to say a massive thank you to that lady who helped me. she was fantastic.

Dear bubbalou

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are recovering well and are feeling much better after your fall.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to our patients when they need us most. I am glad you felt comfortable with our staff.

I would like to pass your thanks onto the staff who helped you, I am sure they will appreciate your kind comments. In order to do this I will need to know where you fell, and the date and time your mother called for an ambulance. Could you please contact me, at your convenience, at laura.martin@swast.nhs.uk?

Thank you again for providing feedback on the service you recieved.

Laura

Dear bubbalou

Thank you so much for contacting me. I have been able to identify the members of staff who came to your aid and will log a formal thank you on your behalf.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback on the service your received.

Laura