" I was astonished at how beautiful the room was in the MLU"

About: New Cross Hospital / Maternity care

I arrived at the MLU at 8:30pm one day in January 2014, to be greeted by the lovely members of staff who escorted me through to suite 5 in the birthing centre.

I have never been inside the MLU so I was astonished at how beautiful the room was, so calming and relaxing, the midwives had already started filling the birthing pool.

After a quick check over BP and temp I jumped in the pool. I was in labour for only 50 minutes. The midwives were amazing, I felt like they had all the time in the world for me. My experience was second to none and I would highly recommend new cross MLU to any other mum to be in a heartbeat.

I stayed in hospital until 2pm the next day and in the short time I was there I experienced very above average care from all members of staff. A credit to the hospital. Thank you to everyone who made my experience so pleasant and memorable.

Response from Jamie Emery, Patient Experience Lead, The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for posting your comments regarding your recent patient experience within our MLU.

I will share your comments with our staff.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on the birth of your baby and wish you all well for the future!

Kindest regards