"Not seen"

About: Royal United Hospital

My friend and i were taken to A&E for my friend to be treated for a fairly deep headwound he'd sustained in the early hours of the morning. My friend was fairly drunk at the time. the waiting room was empty, and yet after being taken in, it was half an hour and only after my prompting that the nurse began taking emergency contact details. Another hour passed in which time a girl came in and was seen for knocking a front tooth out, but my friend was not. Having asked at least twice more if we were going to be seen anytime soon, to which no definite answer was given, almost two hours after we'd been brought in by the ambulance, i booked a taxi and we left, leaving me with the task of cleaning him up, and making sure he wasn't concussed before he went to sleep or hen he'd woken up the next day. I'm extrememly disappointed.

Response from Royal United Hospital

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent visit to our A&E department. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01225 825656 or via email at ruh-tr.PatientAdviceandLiaisonService@nhs.net if you would like us to look into this further.