"not a happy person"

About: Tiverton and District Hospital

I went to tiverton hospital as i fell over an hurt my thumb had an xray an i broke my scafoid bone in my thumb so i was put in plaster. A few days later the plaster started rubbing an causing blisters so i went back to the hospital an the nurse i saw was so rude an had no bed side manner what so ever she even told me i agitated her i was very disgusted with this that i just left an went back the next morning an thankfully she wasn't there

Dear Rachel

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the website.

I was very concerned to learn of your experience during your recent visit to Tiverton MIU, in that that the nurse who treated you did not disply a very caring attitude towards you. I would like to assure you that this type of behaviour is far below the standards that we expect of our staff.

I would welcome the opportunity to look into this situation in more detail, if you would like us to. Can you please contact the PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison service) on 01271 314090 where a member of staff will be more than happy to help.

Many thanks