"The person i spoke to at Cannon House"

About: Southampton West / Cannon House

I was referred to cannon house by my doctor because I was depressed - something I have under control at the moment. I spoke to someone there for around an hour and we discussed my situation. The person was cold and I could tell they wanted me out of there as soon as possible. The person said that they would contact me to take things further but that was it for the day. I received a letter in the post a couple of days later and I could see it had been written by the person I saw or at their direction in a way that was meant to put me off.

The address was written in a hand writing that was intentionally rude and the letter sent was talking about a 'generic' assessment and I could see that they didn't want me to come back. I have moved away now but I don't go to the doctor any more.

Response from Jane Tibble, Complaints and PALS Officer, Complaints and PALS, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear SOtonSaint,

I would like to thank you for takingthe time to post a comment about your experience with staff at Cannon House. I am sincerely sorry that you were treated coldy and with rudeness. I would assure you that this is not in line with Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust values, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Please would you kindly contact me on 01256 376566 at your convenience.

Jane Tibble