"parking rip off again and again!!!!"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I have visited this hospital every day since Christmas eve when my 84 yr old grandmother was admitted. God knows how much weve spent paying parking. I have so far been sent 2 parking eye charges £40 each time or £70 if you dont pay in 14 days! Some days the machines arent working or the cash machine is out of order. I was over by 6 mins apparently on one occasion, its absolutely outrageous a hospital can allow a private company get away with treating patients and visitors like this. B.B.C watchdog have already confronted parking eye, and reading other comments left on here I see we arent the only family being ripped off whilst we care for our loved ones.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam I am so sorry that you have not had a good experience of the new parking system. I understand that it must be very frustrating for you if the parking and change machines have not been working on occasions. We would never want any of our patients or their families to feel they are being treated unfairly. I understand that one of your parking notices is due to your parking time running over by 6 minutes and you feel that your have been treated unfairly in receiving this parking notice. I would like to see if we can help you. Please contact me at Joanne.mackintosh@northumbria-healthcare.nhs.uk I do hope that your grandmother is starting to feel well now. Best Wishes Jo

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Sir/Madam,

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,