"The nursing staff were great and ..."

About: Salford Royal

The nursing staff were great and cannot be faulted. They were pleasant and always helpful. I felt for the nursing staff who are in the front line and did their best to keep me informed of what was happening.

Getting my operation!

I sat in the day ward from 7.30am after not eating or drinking since 10pm the previous evening. The theatre 'manager' decided to tell me at 4.30pm after allowing me to sit there all day without food or water that I wasn't to have my operation. Even though this had been pre-booked!

Not only have I not had an operation that was booked, I have also been treated for a complaint for 6months that didn't exist. When I finally get to see a Consultant who knows what's wrong and books me in for an operation, it doesn't happen. it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure out what could have been improved does it!

Response from Salford Royal

Many thanks for your feedback, of which we really value. We are sorry to hear your experience was not as positive as aniticpated. If you would like to speak with anyone regarding your experience feel free to contact the Patient Advice and Liason Service at Salford Royal - 0161-206 2003 / pals@srft.nhs.uk