"I transferred my care to Trafford ..."

About: Trafford General Hospital

I transferred my care to Trafford from Wythenshawe hospital and it was the best decision I made. My waters broke 4 weeks early and went straight to the hospital - I was seen straight away even though they were really busy with 4 deliveries. I was very anxious as it was my first baby and I hadn’t planned it to come early! All the staff were brilliant and made sure I understood everything that was happening and really made me feel at ease. I was in for 5 days and the care I received was Fantastic!

I would recommend this hospital to anyone

Thanks again to all Staff - keep up the good work!

I have heard the hospital is going to be closed. I believe this would be a great shame as it is a fantastic hospital and the staff are wonderful!

Response from Trafford Healthcare NHS Trust

1st time mum says she’s heard Trafford General is going to be closed. That’s not the case at all. Trafford General provides, and will continue to provide, district general hospital services. There will be changes to maternity services at a number of hospitals across Greater Manchester over the next few years, including Trafford General, which is probably what you’re thinking of. When that happens, Trafford General will continue to provide antenatal and postnatal care. We’re not 100% sure yet whether women will be able to have their babies at Trafford General. Trafford Primary Care Trust are looking at whether there should be a midwife-led maternity unit here. Women who need a medical team present for their delivery will give birth elsewhere.

Steve Spoerry

Chief Executive, Trafford Healthcare NHS Trust

Response from Trafford General Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments, it is much appreciated when people take the trouble to give positive feedback, we will make sure your praise and comments regarding your experience are passed onto the appropriate staff.

Kind Regards