"Medical Day Case Unit and the Sister"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I have been in medical daycase unit today for a procedure, I have to have this procedure done urgently a few times a year, the specialist nurse, rings me back within a few hours, organises for me to come in and carry's out the procedure. The staff on mdu are fantastic, polite, happy, efficient and really friendly, they always make me feel cared for and safe. The sister is fantastic, she is so knowledgeable, is always calm and fantastic at what she does, she always explains and tells me what she is doing at every step. I cannot tell them how wonderful they all are or how grateful I am for their care.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We receive some really positive feedback about the Medical Day Care Unit and know the staff on the unit do all they can to ensure their patients' stay is as pleasant as it can be and that all investigations and examinations are undertaken efficiently and sensitively. We shall ensure your kind words are shared with every member of the team who will be delighted that their efforts have been appreciated. Thank you once again.