"Patronised in front of onlookers."

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I was very anxious about my appointment, and turned up on the wrong day in error. When trying to re-arrange my appointment for another time, a different member of staff came along and lectured me in front of the waiting room with people in it, telling me (despite the fact that I had had an appointment, and was attempting to make another) that it was not a drop in or walk in centre, and that I had to have an appointment. I was embarrassed, patronised and humiliated and just wanted to, and did, leave without making another appointment as a direct result of this one woman's treatment. I had not met or seen this person before (and hope never to again) she knows nothing about me. but would appear to have made judgements based on?

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It is not acceptable for anybody to be made to feel this way and I would sincerely like to apologise. If you are able to provide me with anymore details as to who the member of staff was or which clinic this took place in then I would be happy to follow this up. I can be contacted on Lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk. Once again please accept my sincere apologies.