"My mother is a patient on T4, ..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

My mother is a patient on T4, as a visitor I find the ward staff to be dismissive, and arrogant almost to the point of being rude.

As for visiting times there is confusion one sign says 3 visitor are allowed and another states 2. also found that hand cleanser was not provided to every bed.

In saying this I do find that my mother who is 82 years old has been treated well by the doctors and consultants but her treatment by ward staff needs to be improved as she has had to wait on one occasion till almost lunchtime for water so she could have her morning wash.

The staff could have been more friendly and helpful and need to be informed of visiting times so as not to give visitors the wrong times .

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We're glad that you were happy with your mother's medical care, but sorry to hear about the other comments, which we'll be passing on. Under our visitor policy, only two visitors are allowed per bed, and we'll make sure that's clear on the ward. Likewise, visitor times, available on our website, are fixed, and have been for some time. We'll ensure that this is clear.