"The TRAQS team were very polite and helpful during the whole process"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

I requested a referral for my son as his skin condition was not improving – the GP was reluctant but agreed, he provided no indication of how long his would take or what to expect during the referral process.

I was initially booking an appointment for my son to see an oncologist, this was incorrect booking which I felt very upset about.

The second appointment was also incorrectly booked. We haven’t finally booked an appointment for January to see a dermatologist.

The TRAQS team were very polite and helpful during the whole process.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Sailor 283 thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to the TRAQS team and I am pleased to note that you found the team very polite and helpful during the booking process.

Your GP practice has been provided with a supply of TRAQS leaflets which should be handed to all patients who have been referred via TRAQS. Unfortunately you did not receive a copy which would have explained the referral process to you.

As all information provided to TRAQS by Patient Opinion is anonymous I am unable to look further into your concerns relating to your son's referral. If you would like to discuss your son's referral further please contact a member of the TRAQS team who will be happy to help provide an update. I hope it will not be too long before your son receives an appointment to be seen in dermatology.