"Ophthalmology service"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I first attended the Eye Hospital on the 1st of November 2013 in an emergency. By the time I had gone through the usual hoops it was early evening. Fortunately the Consultant was still in the building and he agreed to see me. He quickly diagnosed that I had a macular off retinal detachement.The Consultant explained things in very clear terms and started treatment immediately. I had follow up treatment the following Tuesday and have been monitored since. I was finally discharged on the 14th of January -fully recoverd. I cannot speak to too highly about the service I have received. Every member of staff I had dealings (nurses doctores and receptionists ) were a credit example to their professions.. Always skilled, efficient and courteous in everything.

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'Anonymous'

I am pleased to hear you have fully recovered now, and pleased that we were able to help and meet your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback and I will pass on your comment to the people that treated you.

Head of Communications