"Nuclear medicine department."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Having been advised I needed a scan, I was provided with all the information I needed and the booking process was completed quickly by the reception staff. I met with the nurse who gave me full details of what to expect and how to prepare. On the day the consultant, nurse and radiographer provided excellent care, compassionate and reassuring, which was very important given the nature of the scan. There was regard for my dignity and privacy which is not always the case in hospitals. The radiographer and nurse took the time to ensure i was able to get into a comfortable position. I would recommend this department to anyone who needs this kind of test. Whilst i was there another patient arrived late and the department did everything they could to fit them in, even missing their break.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback about our scanning services. It was really pleasing to hear that you felt that you were treated with regard for your privacy and dignity and the team were able to respond to a patient who had unfortunately arrived late.