"Penrice has provided excellent support for myself..."

About: St Austell Community Hospital

I am incredibly grateful to all the staff at St Austell's community hospital, for the help that they recently provided to me in caring for my 8 day old baby. We had been successfully breastfeeding for over a week when we struck a problem which meant that my baby could not latch on for the majority of one night. I called the staff at the breastfeeding support centre in the early hours of a Saturday morning - they first offered support over the telephone and then offered to help me implement their advice at the hospital. This they did, which was such a relief as the staff were presented with a very distressed new mother who had been unable to feed her young baby. Every member of the Penrice team I encountered was calming, well informed and incredibly helpful. I actually opted to stay the night to gain a firm hold on our feeding regime and I subsequently left the next morning having learnt a huge amount and with a great plan for getting our breast feeding back on track. I cannot thank the staff at Penrice enough for helping me to regain my confidence - this is a great facility run by caring professionals and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend its use to anyone.

Response from St Austell Community Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We want to make sure that our teams know when they have made a positive difference, so we will pass your appreciation on to those who were involved in your experience of care. This service is managed by RCHT therefore will copy them into the response.