"Brief visit to St Michaels xray"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

My brief visit encapsulated all that is best about RCHT and how it should be for everyone, everytime they visit. Although it may be a lot easier to get right a simple xray, such as I had, than a hugely complicated episode of acute care it still warrants a big thank you to the staff involved and acknowledgement that the systems in place do work well - most of the time. The staff were kind, efficient and cheerful and saw me ahead of time, as soon as I pitched up. They picked up on an amendment to the form and very carefully checked the facts before proceeding - excellent diligence. The radiographer showed not only technical expertise and professionalism in carrying out the job but also a fine sense of how to treat and handle (literally) me as a person. It's great to know that such a great service till exists in the ground down NHS, and at RCHT in particular. But hey! Wait a minute! There's no xray or clinical imaging department listed in the next section - shame on you!

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thanks so much for taking time to let us know how pleased you were with your recent x-ray appointment. We'll make sure your comments are passed onto the team. Apologies for the lack of any option to select x-ray or clinical imaging. The menus are created by the NHS Choices team so we have no control over those.