"Gynae Consultants clinic"

About: The Great Western Hospital

Following discovery of ovarian cysts I was sent for a CT scan and consultants examination within 10 days. I was seen 30 minutes after the appointment time,both my husband and myself were treated with dignity and respect at all times and the examination was conducted gently and I was pre-warned of the procedure. I was asked a list of standard medical history questions which in hindsight I could have completed while waiting if a questionnaire had been provided, this would have saved time for the consultant as he could have reviewed and asked further question regarding any negative responses. A standard questionnaire would also ensure a consistency of detail is obtained rather that relying on memory and experience. I was told my results would be discussed by a panel in 6 days time and fast tracked. I had expected a biopsy in the interim to enable an accurate diagnosis and will pursue this through private medical insurance if appropriate. A very anxious time of waiting ahead but overall a good level of service combined with a compassionate professional approach.

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for your comments. I will ensure that these are passed through to our Women's and Children's directorate so that they can share the positive feedback and your suggestions about a questionnaire with their teams. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences.