"Better communications and information handling..."

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

Communications between the three hospitals in E Kent are not adequate. Results of a CT scan could not be found by the doctor who was supposed to report to us on findings and talk about implications. Later, an informal discussion with a member of staff revealed this is common. Travelling to any one of three sites is already hard for my disabled mother - and I have to get time off work to help. This lack of effective systems makes it much worse as some visits are almost pointless.

Thank you for taking time to feedback and I am sorry that the communication regarding CT scan results was not available to the doctor you saw. The system does allow results to be reviewed from any location across the hospitals and so I am not sure what happened on this occasion. I can understand why this was so frustrating for you and your mother.

Please do email me and I will ask the department to investigate your concerns and to explain what happened.