"Stoma Reversal"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute) / Colorectal surgery Northampton General Hospital (Acute) / General surgery

Some time ago I was admitted to Northampton General with severe abdominal pain. According to the registrar "my bowel had exploded with tumours!" Surgery followed then a colostomy then chemotherapy. Everyone I saw was excellent, all on Willow ward, my Macmillan nurse Angela who was awesome!

However I must reserve the highest possible praise for the surgeon/consultant who in my eyes can do no wrong. He was firm but fair, patient, understanding had a sense of humour and an aura that made me feel as if I was his only patient. On top of this he made me better, I would trust him to operate on me anytime.

At this time when Northampton General is receiving some bad press all I can say is this.... the hospital saved my life, all staff were exceptional, the stoma team were amazing and my consultant is without doubt The MAN!

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Thank you GW, that's so good to hear and we are pleased that you have taken the trouble to let us know. Best wishes for the next procedure and a complete recovery.