"Advice concerning routine recall"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

Unfortunately I do not have the name of the member of staff who called me yesterday, but I would like to say a big thank you to the breast care nurse who returned my call following a further assessment letter after my mammogram. Although all the information I required was sent with the letter, I still felt a little anxious. This was completely alleviated by the kind and caring words of the nurse I spoke to. I know she was unable to provide any further information to what I already had, but hearing her reassuring words was such a comfort that could not be achieved by reading a leaflet. Once again thank you for your support and keep up the brilliant work you do.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you, Suzanne, for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience of our services. We know that following a mammogram patients are often worried and anxious about the results, so we are pleased our staff were able to talk things through with you and put you at ease. We will pass your lovely comments on to the breast care nursing team who I’m sure will be able to identify the nurse you spoke to and pass on your praise.