"The ambulance and the A&E ..."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

The ambulance and the A&E staff who dealt with me after coming off my motorcycle due to some diesel on a wet road were excellent. The paramedics were swift, understanding and reassuring and dealt with me in a very professional way. When I was taken in to the A&E department I was seen soon after arriving. After initial assessment I was X-rayed before being once again checked by the nurse practitioner. Throughout the whole procedure I was dealt with in a conscientious manner. From arriving at the hospital about 16:20 I had been assessed, been dealt with by the radiology department and given more care and advice and was ready to be picked up by about 18:15 - what an excellent service to the community.

When my wife came to pick me up at about 18:45 the reception staff didn't seem to be able to help her to find me. I appreciate that they have lots of people to deal with in any one day but this was the only slight hiccup.

Thanks to all the staff involved in my care that day. It was much appreciated.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

We are acknowledging receipt of all feedback dating back to 2008, which was before the Trust began responding to all patient comments posted on the NHS Choices website.