"Ambulatory Care Unit"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My 83 year old mother was referred to this dept by her doctor for treatment for an on going leg problem. The waiting time for mum to be seen was un-believable she also has dementia the doctor called ahead to avoid having to wait but this was ignored. Once seen a blood test was taken and again a very long wait for results why is this hospital so slow with results when others are so quick. The staff on this unit need to be educated in the art of communication and empathy and manners. Next time we will go straight to A&E and perhaps get quicker treatment and my mum wont get so distressed it was an awful experience for her and for my brother and I.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to email you and your mother's experience at Good Hope in the Phlebotomy department. I have spoken to the Phlebotomy Manager who has asked that you contact me with your mother's details and she will highlight your mother's name on the system, so that your mother would not have to wait as long as she did. Please accept my sincere apologises.

My e-mail address is iona.belgrove@heartofengland.nhs.uk or contact number is 0121 424 0808

Iona

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department