"Thank you Rose Ward."

My first experience of Prospect Park was earlier in 2013 when my mother was admitted to Bluebell ward - this was not a very pleasant experience (mainly to do with staff attitude through the team [from healthcare assistants to charge nurse]) thus I was very apprehensive about her being re-admitted. As there were no beds on Bluebell ward, my mother was admitted to Rose ward. This turned out to be a breath of fresh air - staff were very friendly, I was kept well informed about my mothers progress and most importantly, she was treated with dignity and respect throughout her stay. Nursing staff on Rose ward had a great positive attitude to nursing and were always able to talk to me, no matter how busy they were - this was reflected through the team from healthcare assistants to very knowledgable and friendly charge nurses. I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to all the staff on Rose ward who worked with my mother during a very difficult time. Things are actually looking brighter now ~J.

Response from Prospect Park Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased that you mother received a high standard of care on Rose Ward. We will inform the nurse consultant of your negative experiences on Bluebell Ward so that lessons can be learned from this. We will pass on your comments to senior executives and clinicians to highlight good practice.