"Enough is enough of this parking fiasco...."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I live within a couple of miles of this hospital and have use it as a patient and a visitor. Much of what let it down in the past were the little things, things which common sense should not allow to happen. In truth, the management appear to be tackling these deficiencies though the new parking system has undone much of the good. I have suffered trying to get to grips with the not-so-user-friendly parking set up though, thankfully, not to the extent of incurring a punitive and extortionate penalty. Too many honest, hard working people are being caused inconvenience and distress by the new parking arrangements. Whilst it is good to see from the responses to comments that the hospital are reacting to individual comments on this website, we need a public commitment from the hospital to improve the parking arrangements. I shudder to think how many others have suffered who have not taken to posting comment about their experience. Please tell us what you are doing to improve matters and when.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir/ Madam, Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections and comments on the new parking system. We absolutely welcome all feedback from our patients and their families, it is really important to us. Can I say that I am so sorry that you found the new system not to be user friendly. You ask us what are we doing to improve matters, quite rightly. We are working really hard to improve the experience of everyone using our hospital car parks. We are listening to the views and experiences of those who are generous enough to take the time to share. Our estates team have formed a working group who are meet every month to look at what issues and concerns are arising for our patients and planning how best to resolve them. In addition, the team are holding a special stakeholder meeting this coming week to discuss how best to improve the parking situation overall. This group will include patient and PALS representation, as well as members of the patient experience team. We expect to make changes based on all feedback received to date and will naturally take the opportunity to share all final decisions with patients and the public as soon as we are in a position to do so. Can I thank you for your patience and also for your acknowledgement of the responses we give to our patients on NHS Choices. Best Wishes Annie

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,