"Very impressed!"

About: Stafford Hospital

My daughter was admitted for removal of an ovarian cyst after a routine scan. Matters are complicated because of her ongoing mental health problems. I couldn't believe how much time and effort were put into making her feel at ease. The anaesthetist and the surgeon took time to explain everything so that she felt safe and reassured. I was allowed to be with her until she fell asleep which, again, reassured her. The staff on SAU made us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Theatre staff were brilliant and allowed us into the recovery room to be with her. After so much bad press I wanted to share my very positive experiences. A massive thank you to all staff involved in my daughter's care!

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Carol,

Kind Regards

Angela Grocott

Head of Patient Experience

Response from Stafford Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted that our staff were able to support your daughter in such a positive way. Comments like yours really do make a difference to staff morale and I have shared your feedback with the teams involved. Kind Regards Angela Grocott Head of Patient Experience