"Emergency blood transfusion"

About: William Harvey Hospital

Mum was referred via the 111 service for an emergency blood transfusion after a blood test showed that she was dangerously anemic . She was treated promptly and cheerfully by the staff. The whole experience was a positive one of efficiency and care. Mum will be 99 in February , so I was pleased that her stay in a & e was not traumatic.

Thank you so much for providing us with such lovely feedback about your mother' scare. I am glad we were able to provide treatment promptly and with kindness. I will let staff know - they will really appreciate the feedback.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for your kind words, and they will be fed back to the staff in the department. Positive feedback is a powerful motivational tool for all staff and it is important to us that you have taken the time to post your comments. We hope that your Mum is on the road to recovery and wish her a good birthday.