"Insensitive treatment but one positive comment"
About: University Hospital Of North Durham / General medicine University Hospital Of North Durham General medicine DH1 5TW
Posted by DontAskDontTell (as ),
1. The nurses talk very loud, talking about other peoples cases, mine was overheard, under the data protection act, I could claim compensation. You should also hear some of the things they can say about you. Do they not realize patients have ears? 2 patients heard my name and my predicament, 1 patient told me he was sorry to hear what he heard, it was unprofessional. If you find it hard to sleep with loud docs/nurses take in some ear plugs.
2. I considered using a voice recorder cutting out all but my own patient file being told, but then I could be breaking the law?
3. Have you ever heard the term bitch-up? You do not want that, I heard the slang. I have to be careful here, as I do not need identifying until I get my solicitors instructions regarding the matter.
4. I was unable to sleep for 4 days and I had some problem, nobody came to help me, Eventually someone came and told me it will only get worse. I begged over 50 times for something to at least help me, staring at walls for 96 hours, none of you have gone through that?
5. They NEVER fully explain whats wrong with you, you only get partial information on your blood work if you ask. It took me 3 visits to find out I had something VERY WRONG.
6. This behavior overall has made me very scared to seek medical attention, I didn't go twice despite potentially fatal consequences. You should NEVER BE SCARED to seek medical advice.
7. Stranded after care. I do not have direction skills. Wait for transport 4-6 hours. I had no money. I have seen so many people get free taxis.
8. The ONLY decent ward I have seen in there is ward 12. At night the docs/nurses go up the corridor so that the gentlemen can get their sleep. Very thoughtful ward, very very kind staff, none of them talking about you loud etc.
9. Oh! ! If you hate the hospital, when you first enter the ambulance you can request a diversion to another hospital, I did that. The other wasn't as bad, but did have a little hassle but not worth going into.
I will follow this up to the fullest extent of the law. I have some very serious issues right now that need addressing.