"Appalling level of care"

About: St Mark's Hospital (Harrow)

After my operation at St Marks Hospital in September, the only time I was given any information about my procedure was when I was in a groggy, post-operation recovery state. That was when the doctor apparently spoke to me (I have no memory of this) - after that I was left alone to my own devices. The nurses couldn't tell me whether my procedure was open or key-hole, and thus I had zero information on recovery. The evening after my procedure the nurses offered me no dinner after I had fasted from the previous evening (the kitchen was closed, but surely this could have been pre-empted given I'd been in all day). Furthermore, the nurses dismissed my physical problems as "caused by anxiety" and they displayed a complete lack of empathy. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Response from St Mark's Hospital

We were sorry to learn of your experiences. Your feedback will be passed on to the relevant managers so that they can take appropriate action. If you would like to raise your concerns with the Trust formally you can do so via email to nwlh-tr.patientrelations@nhs.net or in writing to the Chief Executive, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3UJ.