"Car parking continued disaster"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I have visited the Rake lane site for ongoing investigations at a number of departments over the last 3 months. The car parking system is confusing, unfair and extremely un user friendly. There is also a distinct lack of parking spaces with a number of car parks now used by staff. I have arrived for appointments 30 mins before and have still been late due to the time it took to find a space and the machines not accepting notes or cards and no change machines available. This system has really gone backwards!

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam I am really sorry that you have not had the best experience when attempting to park at North Tyneside Hospital. I absolutely understand how frustrating it can be when there are a lack of spaces during the busier times of the day. Staff are only able to park in the areas that are assigned to staff parking. We have recently been able assign extra parking spaces to staff to take the pressure from our patient spaces. This has been made possible by the extra space created by the new one way system at the rear of the hospital. We currently have 4 change machines at the hospital, these are located at the main entrance, Jubilee Day Hospital, maternity and the Diabetic Resource Centre. I really appreciate that you taking the time to give us your feedback on the new parking system. We are currently listening to all the issues and concerns that our patients are raising in relation to the parking and your feedback is really important, thank you. Best Wishes Annie

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

With all best wishes,