"Day surgery at Crosshouse Hospital"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

I had day surgery in January 2014, under the care of ENT consultant surgeon, Mr A Whymark. I arrived at 7. 30 a. m. and was discharged at 1. 30 p. m.

During my time in hospital I was given excellent care - friendly, respectful and thorough - by all concerned. Doctors, nurses and support staff were all first class and I want to express my warm thanks to all.

My wife was directed to the final recovery lounge to wait for me and was treated with real kindness while there.

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear hutch

Thank you for getting in touch with us through Patient Opinion.

I was really encouraged to read about the excellent care you received when you had day surgery recently at Univeristy Hospital Crosshouse.

All our staff work really hard to provide high quality care to our patients and please be assured that I will be passing your thanks onto Mr Wymark and to our Healthcare Manager who covers ENT, who will pass on your thanks as well.

I hope you are getting better as each day passes. Thank you again for getting in touch.

Kate Macdonald