"QE2 A&E"

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

My husband and I brought his 90 year mother to A&E in the morning having been referred by our GP. She was first seen and assessed within 20 minutes and taken through quickly. We were there for 5 hours during which time she went through an array of tests including x-ray, heart trace, blood tests, saline drip, etc. Throughout the whole time the entire staff were wonderful. From the Doctor and Staff Nurse, who saw to most of her needs, to all the others who were attentive, patient and kind. Time was given to explain things to a lady who is hard of hearing and was somewhat puzzled by what was happening to her, drinks and food were offered and she was wonderfully treated. Prescription drugs and paperwork appeared very quickly at the end of the visit. We thank you all for your great work and good luck in the future!

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this comment - we know that the A&E team at the QEII will be delighted to hear how highly you and your husband rated the care given to his mother. We hope that she is now doing well again.