"I had a very distressing experience ..."

About: Darent Valley Hospital

I had a very distressing experience with the chaotic car park facilities and the car park staff were very rude and hostile. I think it is wrong that the car park is run by a private company and that there are no penalty clauses in theor contract. I also think it is wrong that anybody, whether visitor or staff should have to pay for car parking at the hospital; there is ample room. I don't believe that the car park staff should provide security service, either. The whole car park/security situation should be examined on a proper cost/benefit basis and new arrangements made that will either benefit the hospital (and not the private sector) or make car parking free for all ~ this will help recruitment and retention of staff and make visiting/attending the hospital a better experience.

Car parking chaos and hostile car park attendants provide a BAD first impression of the hospital. We are not using the car park for frivolous reasons. It is not right to be put under stress like this.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

We are sorry that you had such a difficult experience during your time at Darent Valley Hospital. If this should ever happen again, please ask to speak to the Patient Advice and Liaison Officer, as we would want to address the issues at the time rather than leave such a poor impression.