"Hospital feedback"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I am being treated for bowel cancer at Lincoln County. I started with radiotherapy and chemotherapy under the care of my doctor and radiotherapy team at the oncology unit in May. I then had surgery under the care of my consultant and his team in September. From the first meeting he and his registrar were so thorough, I had specially arranged meetings of an hour a time where he and the colorectal nurses explained everything clearly and sensitively so I was fully prepared for my surgery. I spent several days in intensive care where the care was fantastic, followed by time on Greetwell ward. At all times I was treated very kindly by all staff from cleaners to nurses and doctors, the ward was clean and I witnessed really sensitive care to other patients on the ward. The colorectal nurses saw me daily to ensure I got help adjusting to my needs after the surgery and 10 weeks after this major surgery I was back working full time. I am still having treatment on the oncology unit where the staff are always kind and attentive despite being very busy and there are delays at times on this unit. I am full of admiration and praise for this hospital and its staff.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Joyce

Thank you very much for the kind feedback. I will ensure that the staff on Greetwell are aware of your positive experience whilst in hospital

Thanks again