"non-existent advice"

About: Southend Hospital

referred for cardiology opinion for chest pain in oct. saw dr for 5 mins before being sent out for ecg, no time to voice any concerns i had. had tests and sent letter telling me to take medication. no chance to talk to a doctor about other options. one of the medications said do not take if you have had raised liver tests which i had. So went to GP, he said not my problem get in touch with PALS. wrote to PALS and meant to have appt with consultant in six months ... still waiting! upshot is i am not taking the medications without knowing more about options. so everything has been a complete waste of time.

Response from Southend Hospital

I am truly sorry to learn of the problems you are experiencing. we would be happy to try and resolve your concerns but am unable to do so without further details. If you would like to contact our complaints team on complaints@southend.nhs.uk they would be happy to try and resolve the problem you are having. In the meantime, I will pass your comments to the Heart and Chest team by way of feedback and ask that your experiences be disseminated to all staff. Kind regards Steve McEwen Patient Experience lead

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust