"Ward D46"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I was admitted to ward D46 on 2nd Jan and discharged today 9th Jan I can only praise the sister and her teams all shifts for there professional approach and care towards myself it helped me to be calm and settled without worry. The pleasant approach from all the staff was first class from the morning cleaner , the serving of the meals , all nursing staff , there care was second to none you were made to be part of one big family. Even the doctors keep you informed of the progress of you stay and chatting with each and all patients at least twice daily . I must congratulate the staff also for there patients towards sum awkward and anxious moments but they seemed to take it all in their stride commitment and professionalism I have respect towards the NHS after my unfortunate stay in the hospital but knowing I do after return for an operation in the near future this experience makes my return so easier knowing your in good care . Once again thanks to the Sisters and staff on all shifts you made my stay very pleasant Ken Dixon Bay 2 /1

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for sharing your experience of care on Ward D46. Our staff work hard to provide high quality care and we are pleased that this is what you received. It was pleasing to note that you felt every member of staff with whom you came into contact was first class as it is important that the good work of one member of staff is not let down by actions of another and we will ensure your comments are shared with all those involved in your care. Thank you once again.