"scary stuff"

About: Southend Hospital

Dirty. Smelly. Unclean. Hostile. A&E set-up is a shambles. My child nearly lost their life in there, after being let down by the children ward month after month- Children A&E department, don't make me laugh. I would never allow any of my children to be treated there- not even for an eye/ hearing test. Jack of all trades, master of none!

Response from Southend Hospital

I am sorry that your experiences here at the hospital have not been positive. We are working hard to improve the service we provide in the A&E departmant and further work is being done in our children's A&E department. Whilst I will be passing your comments on to the A&E team, should you wish us to look into any specific concerns that you have, we would be more than happy to do so and ask that you contact our complaints team at complaints@southend.nhs.uk who will be able to take this further for you. Kind regards Steve McEwen Patient Experience Lead

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust