"Minor Ops Clinic"

About: Leeds PCT

We recently moved into the area and chose Colton Mill Medical Centre because it had a minor ops clinic, because I have been diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and need to have regular minor operations. I was previously a patient at Park Edge Medical Centre and was regularly dealt with by Dr Varnavides.

In July I went to Colton Mill to have a blemish examined and was told it was a carcinoma and would need to be removed. However I was then informed by the doctor that minor ops were no longer carried out for this type of problem. I then have had to wait two months to see a doctor at the hospital whereas at my previous practice it would all have been dealt within two to three weeks. Other than this problem I have no regrets in moving to this centre.

Response from Heather Simpson

Thank you for your comments. I will pass your comment onto the Practice Manager, and come back to you with further information about why you were not able to access this procedure as a minor op.

Response from Heather Simpson

Further to your comment we have discussed with the practice and understand that once the diagnosis of carcinoma is made, this op can not be carried out in primary care and has to be referred to the trust and therefore this is the reason why there may be a waiting time.

I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the services you have received since moving to this centre