"Emergency admission"

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

What a great service! I am so lucky to have such a fantastic hospital on my doorstep. I had the unfortunate need of this great hospital on Wednesday as I had to be admitted by ambulance because of of an acute illness, the first responder was fantastic, the ambulance crew were as well, and I have to say it, I was dreading the long wait wait in A&E but all the staff were extremely attentive and looked after my every need immediately and were constantly coming back to check that my pain relief was ok, I had to have a CT scan while I was there and this was also carried out extremely fast and was very efficient, so my time in A&E was not as bad as the press make out and I had nothing to worry about. Later that evening I was transferred to a ward were I had to stay overnight, and was released around lunchtime.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

Thank you for your posting. We appreciate how frightening it can be coming to hospital but it was great to hear that your experience was a good one thanks to the way the staff looked after you. We will ensure that the Emergency Department and CT scanning are aware of your kind words.